Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: A letter to my best friend #WOW Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday 6 August 2016

A letter to my best friend #WOW

My dear Myra,

 



This is your old friend Luiza, from Mumbai, India. I know you might be surprised as you read this letter as I am contacting you after almost 5 years since we met and interacted with each other but today I got a chance to pen down my emotions and tell you how much you mean to me as a friend as Friendship's day is just 2 days away and this day I want you to read my letter and wear the friendship band I am sending you, enclosed with this letter. In this letter, I wish to go through those old memories and tell you how special you have been for me by using COLORS and the resemblance of these colors in our friendship.
 

YELLOW SIGNIFIES THE PURITY AND JOYFUL MOMENTS OF OUR FRIENDSHIP:


 

I still have faint memories of the day when we first became friends. It was my first day at school and we were in the first standard. I kept looking out my window and kept crying as my mom bid me adieu and left me in the classroom and I kept holding the bars of the window in the hope that she'll come back and take me away. It was then you who came towards me and patted me on the back. I then looked back and you smiled at me. It was a moment I can never forget as I still remember your smile and that day we became friends, best friends for life and since then, you had become my protector and anyone who used to fight with me, you used to come forward to support me. We were called "Laurel and Hardy" in school as I was very thin and you were healthy. Often we used to laugh and love the name given to us.

 

RED AND YELLOW SIGNIFIES THOSE JOVIAL MOMENTS WE SHARED:



Remember the day when we played a prank on Miss Catherine? It still makes me laugh, imagining Miss Catherine wondering where we had left the class when she was in front of us all the time. That day we were so bored of attending classes and our attendance had already been taken in the first period itself. We then thought of a plan to escape hearing more classes and before Miss Catherine entered, we went underneath the benches as all the students stood up to greet her. We quitely kept walking on our knees and while moving outside the class, I almost hit her saree fall and you caught my hand. I was about to make a noise and you silenced me by putting your finger on the lips. Then we quitely hurried up and left the class. The moment we reached outside, we just got up and ran and then we climbed up the school gate to only be stopped by the watchman. He asked us where we were going and you said "My friend is unwell..." You pinched me while saying that and I made a sad face to make him believe us. I also acted as if I was about to puke and hence he felt sorry and told you to take me to the doctor. We then left and smirked at each other. Our first ever experience of bunking school and we roamed around in our school dress. So much fun.


 

LIGHT PINK SIGNIFIES THOSE MOMENTS WHERE I REALLY APPRECIATED YOUR PRESENCE AND ADMIRED YOU AS A FRIEND:



I must have never shared this with you earlier but today I want to thank you so much for supporting me during those moments when I felt like my life is over and I wanted to end it to get free from my pain. It was like my entire life had come to a standstill when the person whom I loved so much, the person for whom I had fought with my parents and for whom I misused my job duties too had cheated on me for a girl who looked more beautiful and was more rich than I was. He broke our engagement a week before we had to get married in the Church and when everything had been decided. That time, even our friend and my best colleague, Reena, had told me to leave her house as she felt I was a bad omen for her while she was getting married. She did not invite me for her wedding and she asked you to come for the function before me. You being a true friend scolded her for misbehaving with me and did not take her invitation card and just left. That time I was sad but happy too that you were there for me when everyone just hated me. I can't thank you enough for always standing for me even during those bad moments.

 

DARK PINK SIGNIFIES TWO WORDS THAT I WANT TO SAY "THANK YOU"

Today, I cannot think of anyone else as my best friend and it's only you with whom I have shared me best moments as well as weak ones, my secrets which you never disclosed to anyone and kept them locked in your heart and I just want to thank you for everything and I will always love you. They say friends are closer to you than your own family is. I would have never believed this if I had never had you in my life. You've been more than my own blood relations and my best friend, Myra.

 

I have written a small poem for you today to show my appreciation (PEACH SIGNIFIES APPRECIATION)

 

May my own family turn its face
And the whole world change its pace
I know there's a pure soul waiting for me
It's only you who's always with me like an ace
 
 
Whenever you see me, you capture me in an embrace
I feel entangled in a maze
May our friendship always be remembered as Laurel and Hardy
With all our memories locked in a suitcase.
 
Love you Myra...

 

 

WISHING YOU A HAPPY FRIENDSHIP'S DAY...

 

 

Yours truly,
Luiza (your own luci)
 
 
 
 
 
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
 
 
 

1 comment: