Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs My world of dreams: It happened one morning - Flowers at the door Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday 11 September 2016

It happened one morning - Flowers at the door

"Tring tring...Tring tring" The bell keeps ringing and the cat besides me keeps meowing and waking me up with its paws. I remove my eye mask and my blanket, wear my slippers in my night gown and walk towards the door.

 

I open the door slowly and notice the rings have stopped and on opening the door, nobody appears to be standing outside. "The bell was continuously ringing and now there's no one? Was it the kids just playing with the bell?" I was about to close the door when my eyes fell on a bouquet of flowers containing red roses, yellow lilies and white sunflowers wrapped neatly together on the floor.

 

My eyes glow up and a small smile trickles on my lips watching those beautiful flowers smelled so fresh and mesmerizing that I couldn't stop myself from adoring their fragrance and beauty. I bent down to hold it in my arms till a loud voice trembled near my ears "No...Don't touch them." I turned in the direction of the voice and noticed my sister rushing towards me with a fright and she held my hand and pulled me backwards.

 

"What happened Dee?" I ask with a stunned face and she looks at me saying "You don't know who has sent these flowers and you're bringing them inside the house? Don't do that."

 

"But why? They are just beautiful flowers." I say and she answers "Things that are beautiful can be equally dangerous too. You know to bring unknown flowers inside the house can be very risky. See, there seems to be no note on these flowers."

 

 

I look at the bouquet and take 2 steps behind saying "You mean that these flowers are dangerous?" "Yes, who knows that they can contain some dangerous chemicals to make us unconscious."

 

"Oh yes, like those goons who try to make the housemates unconscious and then rob the houses that was shown in Crime Patrol "Har jurm hone se pehle dastak deta hai"." I say in a frightened tone. My sister nods her head.

 

"Or they must be sent by a mysterious lover or secret admirer who must be a stalker since long and now sending flowers?" I almost tear up while saying this and my sister gets scared hearing this and says softly while he eyes tremble "Like Shahrukh Khan in the Darr movie? A crazy stalker?"

 

"Or may be there's a bomb in the flowers" We both turn behind and see our maid Sunita coming towards us from the kitchen. "Yes mam. The flowers may contain a bomb too. Like what they showed in CID yesterday." We all three turn to look at those flowers.

 

"A chemical, a stalker or a bomb. What could be there in this bouquet?" We keep asking ourselves and looking at each other and suddenly someone passes us and brings the bouquet inside the house. "Babloo." My sister screams as her 5-year-old toddler keeps the bouquet on the dining table.

 

"Oh mom, it's just a bouquet. What to get scared in this? A lover also can send this? Like aunt's boyfriend." Sunita and my sister turn towards me questioningly and I start blushing while feeling embarrassed and they too start smiling.

 

"Hmm...And you never told us about this boyfriend before?" My sister asks me and I smile and am about to reply when my nephew cuts me and says "Aunty was talking to her special friend yesterday and this is when I got to know about him." I look at him with anger.

 

My sister says "Interesting. So this special friend has sent this bouquet for you?" "No, no...He's lying. Shut up Babloo." I say in a rude tone and he starts giggling.

 

My sister picks up the bouquet and hands it over to me saying "Now check if it has a note." I feel embarrassed and check the bouquet. I get a note hidden inside and open it to read "Happy Birthday, My Love Reena."

 

"Reena?" We all three say in a chorus and the bell rings. We turn behind and find a courier boy walking towards us. "Sorry madam, this bouquet was to be delivered in the flat above and by mistake I delivered them here. Can you please return them?" I, my sister and the maid give the courier boy a blank look and I hand him over the flowers. My smile vanishes and I feel humiliated as he leaves the house and closes the door. Babloo starts laughing loudly and I frown and run inside my room.

 

 

I keep telling myself "First I was scared to even hold the bouquet and felt that it may contain a chemical or a bomb and when finally I felt it must have been a gift from my boyfriend, it turns out to belong to someone else. Urgg...This is such a bad feeling and so embarrassing too. Mile to bhi problem, na mile to bhi problem"

1 comment:

  1. JEE Main 2020 Examination Process is starting from September 2019. Check important dates, Application Process and JEE Main 2020 Syllabus Here Read More about jee main 2020

    ReplyDelete